An orthopedic technician assists with the care and treatment of orthopedic patients
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists in the care of patients by fitting and applying pre-operative braces, crutches and other soft goods
- Prepare and apply casts and orthopedic appliances
- Prepare patients for all testing procedures.
- Assisting with orthopedic procedures, including but not limited to: wound care, aspirations, minor surgical procedures and fracture reductions.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies.
- Properly complete patient routing slips and charge tickets with all appropriate CPT codes and corresponding ICD codes.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrates responsibility for professionalism, personal growth and development including projecting a positive attitude toward the operation, completing assignments in a timely and cost efficient manner, accepting and responding to positive criticism.
- Observe radiation safety and OSHA guidelines.
- Inventory, order and maintain all departmental supplies at defined inventory levels.
- Assist with additional responsibilities as needed.
Required: Graduate of an approved school of nuclear medicine and registered or registry-eligible as Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
Orthopedic Technician Certification from the National Board for Certification on Orthopedic Technicians preferred.
Work requires a level knowledge of patient care methods, procedures and techniques. One year experience in orthopedic setting
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.