We are looking for a professional Orthodontic Assistant to join our family!
At A Smile 4 U Our mission is to be the preferred destination for all your family's dental & orthodontic needs by bringing multiple specialties together under one roof. We offer general dentistry, orthodontics, sedation dentistry, oral surgery, and endodontics. We aim to deliver a happy & healthy smile to everyone by providing outstanding value, continuous innovation, and an exceptional patient experience.
To be successful as an Orthodontic Assistant, you must have a desire to help people, an interest in oral health, and be able to provide exceptional patient care.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Orthodontist during a variety of treatment procedures, including bonding and adjustments.
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Monitoring equipment and hand piece repairs for all operatory equipment; accurate completion and follow up of repair logs.
- Accurately taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth).
- Accurately updating patient's medical history, progress notes at each visit.
- Accurately posting patient services and completion of clinical notes in patient chart.
- Providing quality and compassionate care to every patient, and helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after orthodontic treatment.
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling.
- Communicating with patients; scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Assisting with inventory supply needs.
- Assisting clinic with recall lists, missed and cancelled lists and treatment plan reports, when requested
- Responsible for adhering to all government and company regulations
Part Time / Full Time available
Must have at least one year in ORTHO experience, energetic,be fast paced, good communication skills!
Traveling required to Decatur, East Point, Hiram, and Cartersville
Please apply directly or contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org