Adventure Dental, Vision and Orthodontics is part of the Hero Practice Management group. Hero is the only practice management company focused on delivering the systems, processes, and people needed to efficiently deliver quality dental, vision and orthodontic care to children in underserved communities. With 26 offices across seven states, we have helped over a million children ages six months through 20 years gain access to the care they need since 2006. Working at Hero is both a career and a calling…join us, BE A HERO!
Serving the needs of the Medicaid population requires a well-oiled machine. Our fast-paced, high volume offices require smart scheduling, effective patient communications, tested processes and a dedicated, well-trained staff. The Adventure Dental, Vision, and Orthodontics team knows what it takes to provide quality dental, vision and orthodontic care under one roof. We are looking to create long-term relationships with the children and families we serve, and, to achieve that goal, we are dedicated to providing our staff with the support, compensation and lifestyle they need for career happiness.
Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge for the families we serve. At Adventure, we make it easy and enjoyable for parents to get regular vision, dental and orthodontic care for their children. Our kid-friendly offices take the fear out of dental visits, and all our staff is trained to put both children and parents at ease. From scheduling to payments, eye wear selection to orthodontics, we make it fun, easy and affordable for children to thrive.
OUTCOMES OF THE ROLE
The Orthodontic Assistant’s mission is to support the Orthodontists in providing excellent, high-quality care to patients at an orthodontic practice.
Mission Driven & Patient First:Passionate about delivering accurate, high-service. Uses research, facts, and analysis to inform decisions and continually improve outcomes. Establish clear expectations for teammates around desired patient experience and respond promptly to customers’ needs by
- Setting up a friendly relationship with patients and educating them on personal oral care, and patient responsibilities
- Providing excellent and accurate chair-side assistance to the doctor by Fitting of orthodontic bands, set up of bondings, placement of archwires, delivery of appliances, removal of braces while working in a timely/efficient manner to maintain the daily schedule
- Accurately collecting and recording patient medical histories in Dolphin Orthodontic software
- Organizing and sterilizing dental instruments
- Pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts and fabricating custom impression trays from preliminary impressions
- Performing safe and efficient diagnostic dental radiographs and x-rays with the orthodontist.
Integrity & Accountability:Demonstrates high integrity in all activities; does not cut corners to achieve goals. Understand, monitor, and ensure the smooth execution of orthodontic processes, including but not limited to: dental cleanings, charting and x-rays. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions. Understand, monitor and ensure effective execution of all policies and procedures by
- Completing administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Supporting organizations goals and values
- Supporting affirmative action, and respecting diversity
- Adhering to state and federal guidelines.
Compassionate & Teamwork: Puts team above self, doing whatever it takes to make the broader organization win. Works well with members of Hero’s leadership team in pursuit of the company’s goals. Work with others to provide and understand vision and inspiration to peers by
- Displaying passion and optimism
- Remaining open to others’ ideas
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities.
- Able to multi-task and complete tasks correctly and on time.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, listening to patients’ needs and possesses a friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Preferred knowledge of EagleSoft/Dolphin.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience in a dental practice as a dental assistant is a plus
- Current BLS CPR certification preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).
- This position requires full range of body motion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally 50.