- Tracking Code
- Job Description
An orthodontic assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be
flexible, friendly, have a ‘can do’ personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, an orthodontic assistant
must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
Beginning records – study models, X-rays, panorex, cephlometric, digital photographs
§ Efficient in 1BA, adjustments, FCDB and Debands
§ Impressions (pouring and trimming models for appliances and presentation)
§ Ship/receive/properly store all lab (retainers, study models, appliances)
§ Duplicate records for transfers
§ Photo knowledge – properly take quality intra-oral and extra-oral photos
§ Proficient and accurate bending/coordinating arch-wires
§ Removal of fixed bands/brackets
§ Ability to fit headgear and give instructions
§ Ligature removal and replacement
§ Wire removal and placement
§ Size, fit and cement orthodontic bands
§ Take PVS impressions and bite registrations for Invisalign treatment
§ Separator placement
§ Fabrication orthodontic retainers
§ Consult with patient / parents during exam
§ Ortho case presentations to patient (parent)
§ Effective communication to patients/parents regarding: POH, rubber band wear, treatment progress and
§ Coordinate correspondence between orthodontist and general dentists
§ Promotes patient incentive initiatives
§ Order Orthodontic Supplies
§ Other duties as assigned
Travel is required
· Accurately removal of bonding material with hand piece
· Prepare teeth for bonding; prophy with a slow-speed hand piece and etching
· Select and cure orthodontic brackets after being placed by the orthodontist
· Bonding composite material to tooth surfaces for Invisalign attachment
- Required Experience
§ High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities
§ Current dental assistant license is required in certain states
High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support shared vision and core values.
- Travel is Required
- Bilingual is a must
- Job Location
- Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Position Type