What if you could be rewarded for doing what you love, with a team that supports you, in an environment where there is a shared passion for quality patient care?
We are looking for an enthusiastic orthodontic dental assistant that loves building and maintaining positive relationships with patients who is flexible, and willing to collaborate with other team members. Your primary role is to provide excellent patient experiences while "in the chair," and overall patient retention. As a valued member of the family, we will support you, and invest in you and your future with medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and many other benefits!
- Partner with the orthodontist and team to maintain excellent patient service and integrity and provide exceptional customer service, with excellent chair-side manner
- Review patient records prior to doctor arrival, document appropriate patient information and health history during the exam and treatment
- Assist the orthodontist, with dental procedures and anticipate their needs
- Assist in educating the patients and address their questions and/or concerns to help them feel more comfortable
- Take, develop and “mount” accurate, high quality digital radiographs
- Taking photographs of patients’ teeth to aid the Orthodontist in developing treatment plans and document patient progress.
- Taking dental molds/impressions of patients’ teeth for the fabrication of customized mouthguards and retainers.
- Ensure that the necessary orthodontic instruments and tools are on hand during patient appointments.
- Removing and replacing wires, coil springs, donuts, and elastic bands.
- Educating patients on proper oral hygiene practices and braces aftercare.
- Clean, sterilize and prepare the equipment and operatory, per OSHA and office guidelines, prior to and after a patient’s appointment
- Track the incoming and outgoing lab cases, to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain the schedule and patient flow
- Demonstrate teamwork to deliver an extraordinary experience for every patient
- Assist the business admin in scheduling patients’ follow up appointments
- Complete assigned tasks and participate in daily huddles to ensure that every day flows smoothly
- Monitor the level of dental supplies and order (as guided by the office leader), within office guidelines
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow the safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) federal regulations
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Current radiography certification required, as required by state
- Dental Assistant certification, as required by state, or ability to become certified
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR- BLS) preferred
- Willing to travel and have a varied schedule
- Good manual dexterity
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Positive attitude, professionalism, integrity, and excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment