Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Orthofix Spine Operations & Strategy Analyst
How you'll make a difference?
Develops and supports analytic and strategic approach for Orthofix Spine Sales, Payer Development, Inventory Reserves and Operations. Focus on analytical and tactical needs to drive business commitmentswhich include revenue, operational service levels, and sales leadership support. Develops new operational metrics and analytical approaches to help Orthofix Spine understand business drivers and identify areas of opportunity. Support leadership within business cycle rhythm.
What will your Duties and Responsibilities be?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Drive sales, payer development, inventory reserves, operational analysis to establish and mature processes within Orthofix Spine organization
- Focus on driving a continuous improvement mindset within all stakeholders within the Orthofix Spine group
- Support overall operational revenue targets to ensure they are achieved
- Develop and execute approach to understand performance leading and lag metrics and relationships
- Act as primary liaison between the reporting IT department and operations department heads
- Research, analyze and resolve problems with supporting data and provide implementable solutions
- Collaborate within the analytics team and with operations to create real business solutions in line with Orthofix Spine initiatives
- Create baseline and trending metrics to support high level targets and year end goals
- Blend internal and externally purchased market data to support marketing and growth strategies
- Support operations process improvement project work
- This position is very visible to all leadership levels of Orthofix and must set a good example by constantly and consistently exceeding all minimum acceptable performance standards in areas such as quality, attendance, attitude, leadership and productivity
- Other projects as assigned
- Regular attendance required
What Skills and Experience will you need?
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and an ability to drive change
- Proficient in SQL query authoring and optimization and Microsoft Excel advanced tools
- Experience with report creation and formatting in IBM Cognos and Microsoft Power BI preferred
- Skilled with the use of Minitab or statistical analysis software
- Understanding of process improvement and six sigma techniques and tools
- Must be skilled negotiator as this position interfaces with several departments each day
- Creative thinker that can strategize and propose various solutions to leadership
- Requires an innovative thinker with excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of HCFA requirements and other government regulations regarding health care preferred
- Ability to initiate, follow-thru, and promote change within established organizations and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to motivate, cultivate, and support colleagues in a fast changing environment
- Ability to adapt to fast changing priorities with ease and confidence while supporting management decisions
- Ability to prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines and team service level
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and project professional image
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required when dealing with both internal and external customers
- Authority and initiative to make daily decisions to increase efficiency and profitability of Orthofix
What will the Physical Demands and Work Conditions be like?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 20 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Minimum travel required: attend conferences, seminars, sales meetings, or for other business needs.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.