This position is responsible for the medical assessment and care of patients involving the treatment of musculoskeletal system disorders by collaborating with the Nurse Manager- Health Services & PI and ARNPs and providing consultations and referrals between medical staff. This position also provides on-call responsibilities.
- Medical doctorate (MD) from an accredited university.
Two (2) years post residency clinical experience in an inpatient setting.
- Licensed in the state of employment. Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and applicable certifications.
- Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine.
- Assesses patient’s physical health pertaining to conditions of the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and skin.
- Provides outside referrals as indicated.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation of all assessments.
- Provides clinical oversight of assessment and reassessment, ongoing provision of care activities, and completion of all associated documentation by ARNPs.
- Treats medical problems including musculoskeletal system disorders.
- Makes referrals for tests and consultations and follows-up on results and recommendations.
- Provides education on the medical diagnoses to patients.
- Collaborates and communicates with staff in other disciplines in an effective and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer