We are seeking a BC/BE General Orthopedic Surgeon to join our award-winning fully integrated healthcare delivery system at Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside and Javon Bea Hospital-Rockton Avenue (90 minutes northwest of Chicago).
Mercyhealth is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising five hospitals, more than 700 physicians, over 80 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 75 specialty and sub-specialty services, including neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
In January, 2019, we opened a $505 million dollar specialty referral hospital, Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside, along Interstate 90 in Rockford. This campus features a womens and childrens hospital with neonatal and pediatric intensive care, pediatric emergency services and high risk maternity care. It also offers 188 private medical/surgical, ICU, pediatrics and obstetrics rooms, a Level I trauma center, operating suites, comprehensive diagnostic services, a variety of specialty care services, and comprehensive heart services. We are also investing $50 million dollars into our existing Javon Bea Hospital-Rockton Avenue and will provide care at both hospitals moving forward.
- Robust existing practice
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Work with highly-skilled teams of surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, surgical technologists and other surgical support staff members
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Have the support of a robust hospitalist program, jointly owned rehabilitation hospital, home health care and outpatient physical therapy at multiple locations.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIGHLY competitive salary
- Paid licensing/DEA/board certification
- Paid CME ($3,000 per year)
- Paid two professional associations per year and state medical society membership
- Health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and retirement plans
- Paid relocation (up to $10,000)
- Paid malpractice insurance, including paid tail insurance
- Student loan repayment support/Sign on bonus (if eligible)