At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Fully accountable for the coordination of pharmaceutical solid dosage manufacturing activities of the shift(s). Responsible for operation
efficiencies such as yields, labor utilization and expenses in the shift. Provide the necessary technical and regulatory documentation direction,
support and advice to the Manufacturing Manager in terms of outstanding events or issues on daily basis, it also acts as facilitator for the
necessary information related to the support of the existing processes, the fast tracking for documenting, implementing process modifications
and technology for products transfers and validation. This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety
regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job functions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implements corrective and preventing actions of process deviations during the shifts to assure fully compliance and avoid recurrences.
2. Creates and executes highly complex process investigations within established timeframe, in according to cGMP's.
3. Coordinates daily solid dosage manufacturing activities and resources allocation.
4. Verifies all the manufacturing documentation and ensure it is completed and in compliance.
5. Develops, implements and monitors procedures for assuring that manufacturing operations comply with Company's Policies and applicable regulations
(FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
6. Provides coaching and feedback to employees which includes employee disciplinary investigations and execution of disciplinary actions when
necessary as per Company Policies.Facilitates the coordination of any manufacturing related activities with support areas (eg. Maintenance, QC
Release, MTDP, Materials, etc.) to ensure flawless execution on processes, equipment evaluations, product transfer and other activities.
7. Assists the Manager and the support groups to solve any production technical problem (eg. Process / equipment troubleshooting, yield, cycle time,
quality and productivity).
8. Performs administrative functions such as personnel performance appraisals and development action plans, vacation schedules and approval,
attendance (Kronos) administration for payroll processing, personnel leave of absences administration, budget activities and projections etc.
9. Assures employees are trained in the following areas: "On the Job Training”, New Manufacturing Processes, New Products or Equipment, Change
of Existing Processes among others.
10. Monitors manufacturing employees by shop-floor presence with real time monitoring of manufacturing activities to assure procedural adherence and
provides corrective feedback to employees during operations.
11. Develops and revises manufacturing schedule to assure that the manufacturing activities are executed according with the production plans.
12. Provides alternatives and recommendations to improve and maximize processes and equipments.
13. Drives the decision making process balancing risks and benefits.
14. Participates in Environmental Regulatory and Compliance Permits and Process Safety Hazards evaluation.
15. Promotes and model the BMS Core Behaviors, facilitating teamwork, providing coaching and feedback etc.
16. Supports all site Initiatives and any other assignments based on business needs.
• BS Degree in Science and/or Engineering
• Three (3) years supervisory experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data.
• Knowledge in CGMP’s, OSHA, EPA and other regulatory standards
• Knowledge of computers applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Strong Supervisory skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team work oriented
• Excellent communications skills in Spanish /English
• Capability to engage people
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.