Do you have a passion for training and are familiar with OSHA standards?
Do you strive for safety both at work and in your personal life?
If so, you may be our next OSHA & Industrial Equipment Technical Training Manager! We're currently looking for an individual to lead the training efforts as a member of our Technical Training Team with a focus on regulatory and Savage standards as it pertains to OSHA and Industrial Equipment. This position will be based at our corporate offices in Midvale, UT.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
Including but not limited to the following:
- Provide training both in the classroom and field to new and existing team members with regards to OSHA and Industrial Equipment requirements
- Develop training content and training programs related to Industrial Equipment and other OSHA standards
- Provides leadership and serves as a resource to the Training Team concerning OSHA and Equipment safety, compliance, technical service and environmental issues
- Has the ability to develop and teach all Savages safety tools and the appropriate procedures to identify and correct or avoid safety hazards
- Willing to work side by side with our operations and leadership team to understand the safety challenges they face and utilize their input for creating, improving, and implementing training programs
- Ensure all related training programs are in place, current, and meet Savage and regulatory requirements
- Implement, facilitate, document and track training programs specific to customer and regulatory requirements
- Measure, audit, and evaluate, the effectiveness of training and safety programs
- Create an environment to ensure team members are conducting training in a professional and compliant manner
- Partner with the Sr. Manager Technical Training to ensure objectives and key results are in line with our Technical Training goals and budget needs
- In depth knowledge and ability to train OSHA/MSHA Regulatory Standards and Industrial Equipment Operation
- OSHA 501 General Industry Authorized Trainer preferred
- 2 years of Training or Safety Program Management
- 5 years working in an OSHA/MSHA Regulated Environment
- Industrial Equipment operating experience
- Incident Investigation and Analysis
- Strong leadership and training skills and attributes
- Basic knowledge of OSHA Construction Standards
- Technical writing skills
- A positive leader with the ability to be proactive in changing environments
- Able to motivate, inspire, and coach others, to maximize safe behaviors
- Proficient use of Smartphone, computer, e-mail and Microsoft office and other programs as required
- This role requires working in an industrial setting that involves the ability to work outside in inclement weather
- Ability to sit/stand for several hours at a time
- 50%+/- Travel to operations throughout North America and Overseas
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.