OSP Engineer III
Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
* Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
* Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
* Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
* Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
* Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
* Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
* Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
* Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
* Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
* Responds immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
* Current areas of responsibility include the local area. Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with limited travel. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required depending on business demands.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
* Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, Google Earth and GISs.
* Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
* Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
* Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
* Fiber Optic cable design for an ODN- GPON network is a plus.
* Inside Plant knowledge of Transport equipment is a plus.
* An Associates degree or equivalent experience.
* Five or more years of relevant experience.
* Strong leadership and project management skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills - capable of interacting with customers and coworkers at most levels including executives.
* Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking.
* Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178