POSITION: OSP Facility Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
PEARCE SERVICES (www.pearce-services.com) is a leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services for mission-critical infrastructure including telecommunication networks, renewable energy installations, electric vehicle charging stations, and large-scale batteries. The company, with approximately 1,100 employees, is a fast-growing leader in its class through continuous innovation and a mission to expand via organic and M&A strategies. PEARCE has three brands, Pearce Services, MaxGen, and WWS each with a strong reputation in their respective high-growth markets.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the design and development of complex outside plant (OSP) equipment installations, modifications, and upgrades. The individual must possess the ability to meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards and following company and business unit directives and practices. The ideal candidate has an advanced understanding of project processes and workflows.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a good background in Aerial, Buried, and Underground Copper and Fiber facilities.
- Must be self-starters and be able to work with AT&T’s management team daily and attend meetings if needed.
- A very strong knowledge and experience AT&T’s OSP Engineering that includes fielding and design.
- A good knowledge of TXDOT and local municipality permitting procedures.
- Each candidate must be willing to travel to surrounding towns. (Example would be if they live in Houston, all towns surrounding Houston)
- Prior management experience in the Telcom industry.
- Ability to read AT&T work prints.
- Prior experience with AT&T’s data systems such as ARAMIS, MIC, LFACS, and ACAS is a plus.
- Telecommunications, or similar technical discipline/experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the telecommunications and focus on fiber-optic and copper networks
- Proficiency in a variety of CAD applications and understanding of Drafting Systems such as ARAMIS Software, Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Ability to learn new technical systems and tools
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- 1-2 years directly related to OSP design experience
- Strong working knowledge using cable drafting/design software
- Knowledgeable in the use of mechanical and electronic tools for gathering field data
- Obtain records and maps required to complete design from Customer systems
- Telephony-standard symbols and procedures
- Read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for relocation projects
- Knowledge of outside plant activities (Fiber Cable Design, Pole Line Construction, Conduit System design)
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Pearce Services offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan with a 4% match. Also provided is a company vehicle, phone, laptop or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your current resume.
Pearce Services is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.