POSITION: OSP Facility Engineer
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
Pearce Services (www.Pearce-Services.com) is a leading, nationwide provider of mission-critical, outsourced network operations and engineering services for the wireline and wireless telecommunications industries. Pearce was founded in 1981 and is the industry pioneer for highly specialized engineering, maintenance, and repair solutions for communications infrastructure spanning over 40 states. The Company is headquartered in Paso Robles, CA with over 1,200 employees in 18 offices, covering over 20,000 cell sites and 45,000 remote terminals nationwide.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for design and development of complex outside plant (OSP) equipment installations, modifications, and upgrades. We are looking for a resource to basically ‘be’ a wire center engineer. Have all the responsibilities to review/resolve held orders, handle new business builds, bart bill jobs, etc. design, permit).
The individual must possess the ability to meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards and following company and business unit directives and practices. The ideal candidate has an advanced understanding of CenturyLink project processes and workflows.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Telecommunications, or similar technical discipline/experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the telecommunications and focus on fiber-optic and copper networks
- Proficiency in a variety of CAD applications and understanding of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Ability to learn new technical systems and tools
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- 1-2 years directly related to OSP design experience
- Strong working knowledge using cable drafting/design software
- Experience working in NDS, Fireworks, and Bid Master a plus.
- CenturyLink experience (a plus)
- Knowledgeable in the use of mechanical and electronic tools for gathering field data
- Obtain records and maps required to complete design from Customer systems
- Telephony-standard symbols and procedures
- Read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for relocation projects
- Knowledge of outside plant activities (Fiber Cable Design, Pole Line Construction, Conduit System design)
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Pearce Services offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan with a 4% match. Also provided is a company vehicle, phone, laptop or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your current resume.
Pearce Services is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.