Outlet Store Manager: Bloomingdale's The Outlet Store Livermore, CA (
Job Number:BLM48026 )
The Store Manager drives sales, service and loyalty through their Store Leaders to deliver the sales and profit objectives in their building. The Store Manager anticipates the daily needs of the business, responds to market/fashion trends and gives specific direction to Store Leaders. The Store Manager is the “head coach” of Store Leaders and Team Leads and is responsible for their development. Store Managers devise long term business strategies with their OVP - Stores.
Oversees 1-3 Direct Report Store Leaders and their delivery of people readiness: available, informed and elevated Team Leaders, Keyholders and Selling Merchandising teams.
• Spend 80% of time on the sales floor, driving sales in the moment, coaching customer interaction, and being available to serve the customer and the associate.
• Daily coaching of leaders associates to improve selling culture and achieve selling metric targets: Conversion, IPT, and NPS.
• Consistently use rallies/department meetings to communicate business driving and procedural information.
Ensures selling floors are executed to agreed upon seasonal floor plans, directives, and standards to achieve sales, conversion and IPT objectives.
• Directs superb execution of all operational and merchandising standards including presentation, operational execution (consistent sizing of merchandise, ticketing, markdowns, etc), signing, and event execution directly impacting sales performance / customer ready environment.
Ensures Easy/Fashionable/Personal/Fun experience for our customers
• Daily coaching of Store Leaders and store teams to improve selling culture with the goal of improving our selling metrics: conversion, IPT, and NPS.
• Serve as the ultimate role model of outstanding service. Consistently demonstrate the urgency of engaging the customer in a professional, polished, and knowledgeable manner. Drive the highest levels of courtesy and respectfulness in how we interact with, and service our customers.
• Ensure an outstanding shopping environment as it relates to maintaining the highest standards of a “clean, neat, easy to shop” store. Educate/require Store Leaders to elevate customer experience.
Oversees the on-boarding performance development of their Store Leaders and direct reports
• Ensure new hire Store Leaders / associates complete orientation/on-boarding education requirements.
• Actively own Store Leaders / associate development post on-boarding, mentor/shadow assignments.
• Consistently coach to MDR/PDR behaviors, and through on-going, constructive feedback, formal monthly sessions/seasonal PDR review and RBP as needed.
• Use MDR content to communicate and establish clear standards/expectations for client centric behaviors and empowered/self-driven business ownership.
Leadership Team Commitment
• Lead a performance based culture that drives engagement, and commits to actions that improve the workplace through candid feedback.
• Coach executive development on an ongoing basis, taking the leadership role in the overall development of executive team. Perform monthly touch bases to reinforce daily on the floor interactions.
• Capitalize on a strategic succession plan that anticipates job openings and develops internal talent.
• Develop a strong business partnership with the Operating Vice President of Outlets, and other Regional partners, Central Merchants and Central Support through frequent, credible, impactful communication. Create and foster an environment of constructive candor that improves business performance.
• Be the voice of your store: communicating individual store needs, market nuances, and merchandise assortment opportunities.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of retail management experience in a department store with direct P L responsibility
• Ability to identify, hire and develop top talent
• Ability to lead by example, strong leadership profile
• Ability to work well with all levels to build teams and partnerships
• Ability to develop, plan and execute strategies to maximize opportunities
• Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.