Certification: Certified Profession Coding Certificate required.
Experience: Must have a one to 2 years of experience working in multi-specialty coding
1. Knowledge of ICD 9 and ICD 10 coding guidelines
2. Knowledge of medical terminology
3. Knowledge of billing applications
4. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete coding tasks within compliance of the federal, state and organization regulations.
1. Skill in multi-tasking.
2. Skill in customer service.
3. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
6. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
7. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
8. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
9. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.