Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Avosys is seeking an Outpatient Medical Coder to provide services to the military and their families at Hanscom AFB, MA.
- Responsible for assignment of accurate Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes, ICD diagnoses, current procedural terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), modifiers and quantities derived from medical record documentation (paper or electronic) for outpatient encounters.
- Trains and educates staff on coding issues and plays a significant role in coding compliance activities.
- Identifies and abstracts information from medical records (paper or electronic) for special studies and audits, internal and external.
- Maintains a delinquency report of missing records in order to facilitate completion of work within the required thresholds.
- A minimum of three-year experience in the outpatient setting (physician's office or ambulatory surgery centers) within the last five years, including assignment of E&M, CPT, and HCPCS codes. Multiple specialties encompass different medical specialties (i.e. Family Practice, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, OB/GYN, etc.) that utilize ICD, E&M, CPT, and HCPCS codes. Ancillary specialties (PT/OT, Radiology, Lab, Nutrition, etc.) that usually do NOT use E&M codes do not count as qualifying experience. Additionally, coding, auditing and training exclusively for specialties such as home health, skilled nursing facilities, and rehabilitation care will not be considered as qualifying experience. Coding experience limited to making codes conform to specific payer requirements for the business office (insurance billing, accounts receivable) is not a qualifying factor. Two years of outpatient/ambulatory surgery experience may be qualifying if received in a military medical facility.
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) CCS-P (Certified Coder Specialist Physician (CCS-P) with the appropriate level of experience.
- An accrediting institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) must accredit education.
**Position is contingent upon award of contract**
Reference Code: MSS.MA.OMC.1903
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Hanscom AFB, MA
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.