Sampson Regional Medical Center is hiring an Outpatient Occupational Therapist to join the Rehabilitation team!
The selected candidate will report to the Director of Rehabilitation, perform examination and treatment of those referred to occupational therapy. Based on the examination, the occupational therapist organizes and constructs a treatment plan of care that is designed to maximize/restore function and independence/interdependence with activities of daily living, homemaking, work, school and play as needed and deemed important by patient. The written plan of care is expected to follow the required documentation standards set forth by regulating agencies such as the North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy & CMS.
- BS, MS or doctorate from an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) approved school, or equivalent AOTA certified program in occupational therapy. Annual certificate of licensure by the State of North Carolina required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Prefer at least one (1) year clinical experience. Experience with the fabrication and application of orthotics/splints as well as pediatrics is highly desired. Three (3) to six (6) months on the job training to become familiar with electronic documentation, equipment, techniques, staff, regulations, departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize and conduct clinical activities of the Rehabilitation Department.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the developmental aging process as it relates to the physical assessment and treatment of patients of all age categories.
- Exhibit professionalism in all interactions within the hospital system and the outside public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general computer skills, including basic windows operations, and ability to document on electronic systems.
Your Health, Our Passion!