Saint Peter's is looking for a caring, professional OutpatientPhysical Therapist to join our team. Our Physical Therapists evaluate and assess patients with neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiac and/or respiratory diseases and/or disabilities to determine their level of function. The PT develops and performs therapeutic treatment programs that reflect age-appropriate activities and documents findings.
The schedule for this position can be flexible - 20 hours per week. NO WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS!
- Developing proper therapeutic treatment plan of care and anticipated outcome for each patient in accordance with a written and signed Physician's order or prescription, as appropriate to the ages of the patient's growth and development through the life cycle factors
- Modifying the treatment plan based on patient response and/or ineffectiveness as noted in the medical record.
- Demonstrating effective teaching skills with patients/family members/caregivers and maintains safety and care of the patient during treatment sessions
- Assisting in discharge planning of patients along with other members of the health care team
- Documenting initial assessments, reassessments and progress notes for each patient in accordance with established department policy and procedures
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters degree or DPT, graduate of an entry-level masters or doctorate program in Physical Therapy from a college or university accredited by Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Requires a current New Jersey State license and registration in Physical Therapy
- BLS Certification required
- Previous experience preferred
- Lymphedema Certification preferred