The Recruitment Season Outreach Assistant makes outbound phone calls and sends e-mail communication to targeted contacts for the Pennies for Patients campaign. This role is responsible for creating a qualified pipeline of decision making contacts, keeping leads warm and growing the interest and commitment to LLS’ mission and programs for campaign leadership. This role also receives inbound phone calls and emails.
Works under the supervision of Student Series Campaign Manager(s), in conjunction with fellow campaign staff, to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
TEMPORARY POSITION PAID THROUGH A STAFFING AGENCY
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain established outbound call volume to source, establish relationships and generate qualified new lead generation for the campaign leadership. Minimum of 10 calls an hour and 40+ contacts during a 20 hour shift during recruitment season (August – January).
- Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications keeping interested leads warm and engaged.
- Metrics are set and must be met for number of commitments to Pennies for Patients program.
- Manage and coach schools to achieve fundraising goals through remote planning, customer service and stewardship.
- Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
- Draft concise, effective and personable communications to volunteers, participants, and donors with oversight by Campaign Manager.
- Provide administrative assistance through website account management, meeting & program wrap-up party scheduling, and Campaign 360 database.
- Perform other functions and activities as directed by the manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- High School degree
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel within a 30 mile radius of office.
- 1-2 years’ professional or intern – level experience in a fundraising, communications, sales, marketing or related field.
- Commitment to achieving phone calls/per day schedule and email follow up
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience in cold calling and sales outreach a plus.
- Experience with database management a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment; mileage will be reimbursed. Travel up to 20% within a 30 mile radius of office.
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.