Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimers. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimers Association, were relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, were advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimers Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
Position requires use of independent judgment and decision making skills as a program liaison and marketing resource focusing upon community and health systems outreach, connecting education and family outreach staff to the southern areas of the state. This position recruits, coordinates and manages Program Volunteer Staff.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of Alzheimers disease and related disorders, the effects on families, in-depth knowledge of community resources, and cultural competence to diverse populations effectively.
- Physician Outreach in Lawton, Ada and southern territory
- Healthcare System engagement in Lawton, Ada and southern territory
- Long Term Care facility engagement in Lawton, Ada and southern territory
- Coordinates Program educational events with special emphasis upon the Core Program Plan
- Coordinates meetings, events, appointments, etc.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments to coordinate and resolve problematic processes
- Possesses ability to present the core presentations
- Demonstrates knowledge of resources in the area and has comfort level with visiting retirement communities, facilities, etc., to spread the message of what the Association does
- Networks with community leaders, building relationships that can be strategically leveraged to enhance fundraising efforts
- Connects community leaders with Development staff and Walk committee, encouraging participation at multiple levels (participant, team leader, committee leader, speaker)
- Develop linkages with service providers to facilitate the connection of families with appropriate and quality services.
- Raises awareness of volunteer opportunities within Lawton, Ada and surrounding communities
- Works independently and in collaboration with supervisor regarding identification of government grants, grant applications and various reports
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in marketing, public relations, public health or related fields; or minimum 2 years proven experience conducting training, including facilitation experience to a diverse community
- Ability to communicate effectively; excellent interpersonal and social skills; relationship building
- Proven organizational skills
- Proven experience in implementation of outreach events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred - Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Experience in Google apps, a plus
- Must be a customer focused, team player, professional in demeanor, adaptable with change and new priorities, demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, and have a passionate "can do" attitude.