What you’ll be doing...
This critical role will coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with cross functional teams internally and with external vendors.You’ll work in diverse environments, to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions.
- Utilizing GIS to analyze data and complete necessary spatial designs and connections.
- Performs weekly analysis on mission critical GIS data to audit and sustain data integrity
- Creating work orders, approving designs and tracing routes for A to Z continuity
- Coordinating with internal departments and liaising with residential and business end users, building contractors, and property owners to implement solutions appropriately.
- Creating winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
What we’re looking for...
You know a lot about GIS Systems and mapping.You enjoy analyzing problems and having the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. While you work well independently, you are also a great team player and enjoy leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Three or more years of GIS experience.
- Valid drivers license
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields.
- Knowledge of GIS principles, including projection, editing, cartography, geodatabases, queries
- Working knowledge of Esri Arc GIS, and 3-GIS Software in a utility or utility related environment
- Understanding of GPON networks
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
- Experience with CAD, and MS Excel/MS Access.
- Experience working with outside plant engineering principles and procedures.
- Willingness to travel on occassion
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.