Are you sales driven? Do you have business to business (B2B) sales experience? We are looking for an Outside Sales rep (aka: Lab Point of Care Specialist) to join our team!
Your territory would be: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico.
As an Outside Sales – B2B you will be responsible for engaging with the McKesson sales force to identify and develop new business opportunities for Primary Care / Physician Office Lab (POL)/Healthcare systems, etc. selling our Laboratory Soluctions. You will drive the implementation of secured business across the McKesson organization and will represent the McKesson Laboratory Solutions organization across the business promoting cross functional collaboration.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Accountable for identifying long-term and short-term business needs and owning plans to address and win opportunities in the POL, Health System and Corporate Accounts segments to support the POL Strategy.
- Owns agreed objectives and targets and accepts responsibility for performance.
- Meets sales, training and retention goals.
- Retains, extends and wins new business through effectively identifying opportunities and strategically positioning McKesson Laboratory Solutions.
- Ability to own and manage the overall POL account strategy for assigned Key Accounts and focus vendor products.
- Ability to articulate the clinical, operational and economic value proposition for the McKesson (or Laboratory) portfolio.
- Establishes productive professional relationships with key personnel within assigned accounts.
- Analyze customer information to assist customer and Account Manager in proper formulary of testing within the practice
- Establishes and builds strong internal and external client relationships that allow for future growth, profitability and predictability.
- Coordinates the involvement of internal colleagues and management in order to meet the customer’s expectations and maximize performance.
- Networks, interfaces and effectively communicates with internal colleagues and peers to share information and best practices while remaining aware of industry/customer organizations that impact business.
- Demonstrates strong leadership with colleagues, peers, and internal stakeholders, and can effectively manage “up and down” the organization with a positive influence.
- Train, educate and influence McKesson’s sales force. Work closely with Area Sales Managers and Regional Vice Presidents to prioritize Lab opportunities
- Review and support proposal development, regulatory information, and guidance for laboratory setup.
- 4 years business to business outside sales experience
- Has a strong technical understanding of the offering and knows when to engage pre-sales/technical assistance. Acts as a source of expertise for others in sales area. May necessitate broad competitive knowledge and have demonstrated a proven track record of success.
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Primary Care / Physician Office Lab (POL) industry experience
- Ability to strategically build relationships with sales leadership, customers, and vendors
- Ability to take ownership, influence others, and drive sales process from inception to close
- Ability to train and educate a sales force
- Proven experience working in complex situations and negotiating with senior level decision makers
- High level of accountability and the go to resource for both internal and external customers
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Travel more than 75% of the time
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Specific experience selling lab products
- Knowledge of Healthcare Reform
- Distribution experience
- Excel and Power Point proficiency
Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record, travel more than 75% of the time.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities.