Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Monday - Friday (occassional special events on the weekends)
Responsible for meeting sales goals, obtaining new accounts and maintaining a professional image, continuously promote and sell Charlie’s products and services to existing and potential new customers. This role will also manage an assigned group of national account sales. Responsibilities for these contract accounts will include but are not limited to: negotiations, RFP's, contract extensions, monitor contract term and alerts for upcoming expiration of same, audits, service issues inquiries, new product needs, business review scheduling & creation, internal program auditing for customer compliance, proper fee Application, budgeting. As well as regular sales calls and visits with the customer.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Must be a driven sales professional capable of cold calling and prospecting.
- Able to meet and/or exceed sales goals developed by the management team.
- Demonstrates qualities and skills necessary to be self-motivated, aggressive and disciplined enough to perform job requirements without requiring constant supervision.
- Is resourceful and innovative in acquiring new account information and peruses opportunities to increase sales, either through new accounts, prospects or existing accounts.
- Effective at cold calling.
- Demonstrates administrative abilities in managing accounts and service needs.
- Willing to take extra steps and/or time necessary to ensure follow-through on details.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards job and accepts correction from owners/supervisor if mistake is made or constructive criticism is needed.
- Utilizes effective communication skills associated with interacting daily with co-workers and customers. Is positive/constructive with co-workers in addressing any problems they may incur while order taking, picking and or communicating with customers.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer-covered College Program
- 401(k) available
- Proven sales/profitability track record
- At least 3 years in the produce/food industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.