BUILD YOUR FUTURE AS WE BUILD OURS!
Universal Supply is seeking an experienced building materials Outside Sales Rep as we continue to expand in the Maryland market.
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, remodeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania, northern Delaware. northern/eastern Maryland, and central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. This knowledge sets us apart and enables us to provide consistent, unsurpassed customer service. We are therefore able recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our associates make to our daily business operations, from sales to logistics, to administrative and customer service support.
Universal is expanding our footprint in the Maryland market with our NEW Easton location. We currently seek experienced, engaging Outside Sales representatives with construction and/or building material knowledge to join the new team
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply Company:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- But we work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
A quick summary of the job:
- You will build new relationships and support existing customers and contractors.
- You will partner with your customers by assisting them with product selection, communicate trends, new product releases, upcoming promotions, delivery dates on purchases�be their partner in business.
- You will prepare bids, material estimates from customer/contractor supplied blueprints.
- You will assist in collecting accounts receivable.
- You may prepare and input orders if necessary.
We want you to join our team if you can check these boxes:
- Some college in Business preferred or equivalent in experience.
- You have 3 years Sales experience in a building materials or construction related industry.
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner.
- You can read blueprints, provide estimates on material needs.
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team player.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, have good math skills, knowledge of building materials such as roofing shingles.
- You are have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
- There are physical demands which may include on occasion an exposure to extreme temperatures (in our warehouse/yard) and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. standing and walking for extended periods of time; bending or stooping.
- You hold a clear and valid driver�s license.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview based upon experience will be contacted.
It is Universal Supply Company�s policy not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity and preference, marital status, disability, or national origin. Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.