Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Ambridge, PA
Position Title: Outside Sales Representative
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
The Outside Sales Representative for our Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio territory is responsible for maintaining a loyal customer base by focusing on meeting customer needs, building relationships and achieving Metals USA's goal as a customer-value driven company. Responsibilities will include direct selling to established customers as well as developing sales prospects within their assigned territory. The Outside Sales Representative must have a full understanding of sales, customer relations, steel fabrication and safety. This individual must have a solid understanding of the construction and structural steel industry. Will work closely with engineers and general contractors; will work with estimating department to ensure that bids and proposals are completed per customer requirements and will utilize strong sales skills to influence customer decisions regarding structural steel construction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Grows profitable sales within strategic and opportunistic growth segments.
* Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales.
* Schedules and performs cold calls to existing customers in their assigned territory.
* Researches and provides competitive information regarding the carbon-ferrous steel industry.
* Maintains a key customer base by ensuring profitable business relationships.
* Estimates, quotes effectively customer projects. Converts opportunities into invoiced sales.
* Maintains a current understanding of industry trends and technical developments that influence target accounts.
* Monitors, analyzes and communicates sales data to contribute to product/service schedule and planning.
* Responds to customer information requests; collaborates with cross-functional departments to ensure a timely and accurate response.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of an Outside Sales Representative.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum's Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Current, valid driver's license in good standing
Occupation requires being sedentary less than or equal to 50% of the time (< 4 hours per day)
* Sitting, standing, hearing, talking, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, walk, climb, squat or kneel, bend
* Regularly required to work on multiple concurrent tasks with constant interruptions
* Position requires some degree of travel
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
* Work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment or travel via vehicle
* When traveling exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time; extreme hot or cold temperatures
* May be exposed to traffic delays due to road construction or hazards
* Moderate noise levels
* Dust, fumes and airborne particles
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Construction Management or related field
* Five (5) or more years of industrial steel fabrication, structural steel sales and/or industrial sales
* Experience in calculating proportions, circumference and volume required; prior experience with blue-print and cad drawings preferred
* Experience in selling in the industrial market, B2B selling, fabrication experience a plus
* Must have a professional demeanor and an ability to communicate effectively with executive level individuals from various industries
* Ability to learn new skills and technology as it pertains to business and fabrication needs
* Good analytical & organizational skill, able to make sound decisions utilizing the data at hand
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism & diplomacy to include telephone etiquette.
* Ability to interface effectively with customers and internal departments to foster a success-oriented, deadline driven organization
* Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Products)
* Must be customer valued driven to succeed
* Must reside in the territory.
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled