At Shelly's Supply our people come first - associates, customers, vendors, and partners.� We strive to provide not just a job, but a career.� Our associates enjoy consistent schedules, allowing a strong work life balance; generous benefits package; and training opportunities.� All of this while working within a positive team environment.
Shelly's Supply has been providing high quality building materials to contractors and homeowners since 1923.� We are dedicated to providing quality, value and service.� Shelly's Supply is a division of U.S. LBM, one of the largest building products distributors in the United States.
Our Outside Sales Representatives�assist customers find the perfect material for whatever their job may be.� Working closely with the inside sales team and logistics department to ensure proper and ontime deliveries to customers.
Essential Job Duties:�
- Promotes,�sells and secures new accounts for the company.
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
- Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs
- Prepares,�coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- Resolves customer complaints and problems.�
- Assists in the collection of accounts receivables.
- Prepares and inputs orders as necessary.
- Informs company of competitive prices, products�and Area-related information.
- Researches and orders special products as necessary.
- Estimates materials from blueprints�supplied by customer/contractor
- Adheres to Conflict of Interest or Non-Compete agreement if in place
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.�
- Other duties as assigned by Leadership.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:�
- Minimum experience required�3 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
- Minimum education required�High School diploma or G.E.D
- Special skills required�Working knowledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate prices and contractual agreements.
- Special knowledge required� estimating from blueprints, ability to use calculator and computer
- Must have valid driver�s license
- Physical demands include the ability to drive up to 50% of the time, lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and 50 lbs. on a random basis, and/or work in extreme weather conditions. �Sitting, stooping, bending, standing or walking for extended periods of time.
We appreciate your interest in the Shelly's Outside Sales Representative�role�but only those individuals that meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted.
It is Shelly�s policy not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity, marital status, disability, or national origin. Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.