“Role Elevator Pitch”
House Bill (HB 3) 3, a sweeping and historic school finance bill was passed by the 86th Texas Legislature in 2019 and signed by Gov. Greg Abbott. The bill provides more money for Texas classrooms, increases teacher compensation, reduces recapture and cuts local property taxes for Texas taxpayers. HB 3 is one of the most transformative Texas education bills in recent history.
MasteryPrep is looking to be able to provide more students in Texas the ability to create more opportunities after high school!!
Are you looking to jumpstart your career with one of the fastest-growing college and career readiness companies? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people who push you to be better? If you have a desire for sales and are inherently all of these things, read on – you might be a fit with MasteryPrep.
MasteryPrep’s first-rate sales team is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with being the fastest-growing college and career readiness company in the education marketplace. A big part of that strategy is growing our team in other regions throughout the United States.
Did you know that nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without college-ready ACT or SAT score?
We are looking for seasoned outside sales professionals who want to jumpstart their career helping students fulfill their dreams of a college education. Your wins help our clients change the educational landscape of public education and the trajectory of their lives.
3 characteristics of success in an Outside Sales Representative for MasteryPrep:
- Do you have the PERSERVERANCE and GRIT over the long term to make appointments with schools and school districts to discuss college readiness options?
- Path for achievement in this role should be looked at as a marathon, with stamina being a key component for success
- Passion for sales is more important than being brilliant
- Do you have a fire in your belly for sales and convincing someone that they want to meet with MasteryPrep to solve a problem?
- As a successful member of the sales team, you will need to balance the opportunity to compete, the reward for winning, and the learning that comes from competing
- MasteryPrep is looking for “compassionate competitors” – reps who like to win, but not at the expense of their teammates
- You will not be a good fit for this position if you view your acquired knowledge as your private intellectual property or someone else’s success as your failure
- Top 10% of producers from former sales organizations
- Is Questioning in your DNA?
- MasteryPrep needs someone who is intellectually curious, a lifelong learner, and who strives to figure out what works and try new things
- To be successful in this role, you must be part instigator and part detective
- If you are content with the way things are, you will not be successful in this role
- Part of your role as an Outside Sales Representative is not just getting someone to say yes to a meeting, but arousing curiosity and generating interest to get a higher percentage of opportunities to a MasteryPrep partnership
Skills necessary to perform Outside Sales Representative duties:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred (Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Speech Communication)
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM tool
- Tracking lead software, sales engagement platform is a plus (Outreach)
- Excellent verbal, written, and LISTENING communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork and to MasteryPrep's mission
- Previous sales experience in education doesn’t hurt but is not a requirement.
Base of $55k-$75k depending on experience, variable commission as part of package with total target compensation of $120k-$150k.
Benefits package for full-time employees - including health, disability, life, dental, vision and 401K