OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED !� GBS BUILDING SUPPLY- HENDERSONVILLE,NC
Generates and secures new sales to increase the profitability of the company. The Outside Sales Representative maintains existing accounts while generating new business through cold calls and following leads.
Essential Job Duties:�
- Promotes, sells and secures new accounts for the company.
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
- Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
- Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- Resolves customer complaints and problems.
- Assists in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Prepares and inputs orders as necessary.
- Informs company of competitive prices, products and Area-related information.
- Researches and orders special products as necessary.
- Estimates materials from blue prints supplied by customer/contractor
- Adheres to Conflict of Interest or Non-Compete agreement if in place.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum experience required�3 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
- Special skills required�Working knowledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate prices and contractual agreements.
- Special knowledge required� estimating from blueprints, ability to use calculator and computer.
- �Must have valid drivers license
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and 50 lbs. on a random basis,� �work in extreme weather conditions.� Sitting, stooping, bending, standing or walking for extended periods of time.