NELSON FORENSICS, LLC
Job Title: Business Development Representative (California)
Based In: Irving, CA
Reports To: Vice President of Business Development
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Nelson Forensics, LLC is a prominent forensics and consulting firm offering engineering, architecture, chemistry & environmental science, and cost estimating services to the legal and insurance industries. Nelson Forensics provides these nationwide services from 12 offices, strategically located around the United States. We are currently seeking a Type A "go getter" to market to attorneys and adjusters to help grow our business.
Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of business development strategies to maintain a territory and grow relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establish new and cultivate existing client relationships.
· Call on attorney and insurance adjuster clients in person and via telephone/email to assess client need and recruit business.
· Act as the liaison between Nelson professional staff and clients by arranging appointments, lunches, meetings for clients to get to know Nelson staff better.
· Book continuing education or "Lunch and Learn" speaking engagements for Nelson staff at client offices.
· Attend trade shows, conferences, and industry association meetings. Assist with pre- and post-show call and email campaigns to build client awareness of exhibiting events.
· Pursue Nelson's acceptance into insurance carrier Approved Vendor programs, and assist with thecreation and submission of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals.
· Assist in researching competitors’ web sites and business models.
· Maintain local marketing database, including entry of new leads gained at networking events, updating contact entries, and managing mailing and emailing lists.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Minimum 5 years of experience to include: 1) organizational development; 2) proven growth strategies; 3) working with a variety of professional backgrounds; 4) coordination of multiple projects; 5) specific experience representing the firm in a trade show/conference/or other high profile, public, face-to-facesetting; 6) business-to-business marketing strategies.
· Experience marketing to attorneys or insurance adjusters preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Able to travel 50% of the time. Willing to travel on a regular basis to call on clients. Willing to travel to a variety of event locations.
· Able to formulate business development strategy and initiate projects independently. Able to work with minimal supervision.
· Strong interpersonal/social skills.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Strong oral and impeccable written communication skills.
· Excellent logistical and organizational skills.
· Proficient inMicrosoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE