Reports To: Sales Manager
Pay Structure: Salary/Exempt
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, the Outside Sales Representative identifies new business opportunities and fosters account relationships in the Northern California area. The main responsibility of the Outside Sales Representative is to obtain new customers and service current customers. The Outside Sales Representative’s primary objective is to proactively increase revenue for the company through exceptional customer service and diligent outreach.
- Previous sales experience in the equipment rental/construction industry and/or related field required
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Positive attitude
- Professional phone demeanor
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Clean DMV & drug screen required.
- Demonstrate understanding of rental equipment
- Demonstrate understanding of rental software
- Demonstrate the ability to follow operational procedures
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- An ability to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers and assist with customer inquiries
- Establish new rental and sales accounts through phone calling and in-person visits to potential customer sites
- Provide a full range of services to new and current customers, including needs assessment, catalog distribution, quotations, contract preparation, credit authorization assistance, problem resolution, and follow-through
- Coordinate with all branch departments to ensure customer satisfaction; communicate all field issues to branch personnel
- Educate customers about equipment through demonstrations and training
- Keep up-to-date on equipment and supplies through regular communication with vendors and manufacturers
- Determine equipment available for rental
- Follow all Cresco Operational Procedures and QC Standards
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Store Manager or any Cresco Manager
Education, Experience and Required Skills, Including Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Proven sales ability
- Strong customer service experience
- Knowledge and experience in the equipment rental industry (heavy equipment) preferred
- PC Proficiency (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint) knowledge of current business software AS400 experience helpful
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Strong organizational and communication/presentation skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Valid California driver’s license
- F.W. Dodge Report experience, and a familiarity with other construction lead reports
- Strong selling, planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- CRM experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs., occasional lifting up to 25 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when restocking shelves, loading and unloading equipment, and operating and winching down equipment.
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal/s during equipment demonstrations.
- Ability to occasionally climb over and into heavy equipment during equipment demonstrations.
- Occasional need to work at heights above 10 ft.
- Ability to sit for at least 4 hours per day
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes