Position is for an outside sales representative for a masonry building supply yard. Representative’s main responsibility will be to sell EIFs products to commercial subcontractors on commercial job sites. Representative will establish and maintain long term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Study and learn EIFs products and systems to the best of their ability in order to better serve customers and fully understand customer needs (Previous experience is preferred but not required)
- Use commercial construction lead software to generate sales and cultivate customer relationships.
- Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients.
- Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions.
- Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future.
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively.
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information as required.
- Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals), RFI (request for information), and RFQ (request for quotes).
- Attending and participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies.
- Keeping management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Representative will be expected to work 40 hours/week. Not required to come into office daily, but local travel in a company provided vehicle is expected.
- Company laptop will be provided.
- Pay structure is base salary plus commission.
- Benefits are available.
- Company credit card provided for expenses.
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and or 3-5 years of proven sales or marketing experience required (industry specific sales experience is preferred but not required)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service skills required
- Desire to meet sales goals
- Product knowledge
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Motivation to sell