Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
To date, there have been over 7 billion episodes viewed onEpisode,which is over 97,000 years of combined viewing time. We’ve also opened up our storytelling platform to create the world’s largest community of interactive stories and storytellers, with over 12 million registered creators including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Most recently,Episodehas made the list of Apple’s Top Free Games of 2018 and was recognized as the Best Community Building Game at the 2018 Google Play Awards. We’ve also partnered with major studios and industry stars to create stories such asPitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Pretty Little Liars, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Clueless: School’s Out.
As anArt Outsourcing Coordinator you will ensure art assets from external vendors consistently meetEpisode’svisual quality, style, technical specifications and deadlines. With your excellent communication skills, you will have the ability to maintain partnerships with external vendors, and work as a professional 2D production artist. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary internal teams and external vendors to manage priorities, maintain pace and quality and bring clarity to the production process.
What You’ll Do:
- Own art asset review process with vendors, giving clear daily feedback on art assets they are responsible for.
- Follow outsource processes, and give feedback to improve outsourcing process efficiency.
- Collaborate with the internal art team to communicate the aesthetic style, template use and processes to external vendors
- Asset management: make sure assets are saved, uploaded, tested, named and tagged correctly
- Maintain relationships and communication between Pocket Gems and external vendors
- Collaborate with Art Director to understand and communicate the visual goals
- Responsible for improving the art production pipeline between internal and external productions
- Balance deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements
- Identify potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the Episode leads to prevent them
What You Bring to Art Team:
- At least 3 years of game development experience
- Proven art skills in game development
- Outsourcing reviewing and communication experience
- Asset management experience required
- Experience with an avatar based art production pipeline a plus.
- Awareness of fashion, both classic looks and trends
- Good grasp of art fundamentals: anatomy, color, lighting, perspective, environments.
- Ability to design and render a diverse range of characters and outfits
- Ability to render a broad variety of hair styles, updos and textures
- Shipped a minimum of 2 exceptional games or interactive media titles
- Previous experience managing external vendors
- Please have a Portfolio available for review
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.