The oven operator pulls parts out of molds after they come out of an oven and go through a cooling cycle. The position is responsible for pouring powder, securing the mold to the arm/spider, clamping both parts of the mold together as well as cycling the arms properly. The ability to work up to 15 feet off the ground may be required. Other duties may be assigned or reassigned at any time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pull parts in accordance with good manufacturing practices
- Apply mold release
- Maintain and clean parting lines
- Identify required mold repairs
- Filling molds with the proper amount of plastic powder (resin)
- Daily housekeeping
- Identify quality issues
- Place parts in designated areas
- Verify the molds on the oven match the molds listed in the computer
- Post jobs in the computer system
- Notify a supervisor if any issues are identified
- Keep pace with the oven
- Assist other secondary operations or ovens as time permits
- Create a safe work environment
Ability to read prints and specifications
Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
Ability to communicate with leads and supervisors
Computer experience helpful
Able to work in hot humid environment for extended periods of time as well as around loud noises are required.
Must be able to remain stationary with intermediate walking through out shift. Frequently lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds alone and parts more than 50 pounds with assistance, and must be able to transport these up to 20 feet. Frequently positions self to maneuver around the part when finishing. Must be able to operate the hand and air tools frequently. Must be able to work overhead using hand and air tools, lift and carry parts and dump powder boxes.