JOB SUMMARY The Oven/Puller is responsible for working specifically in the oven. This position requires focus on inspecting and controlling the pressure of the oven. Once the glass comes out of the oven, the puller will seal it and will place it into the carts so that it can be picked up.
This role requires
- operating the oven machinery and lifting the glass after it come out of the oven.
- Comply with Boral Safety Policies
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
- Provide safety leadership in promoting and creating a zero-injury safety culture
- Pull glass from the oven. Seal the glass corner. Lift the glass once it is sealed and place it in the cart
- Control the pressure of the oven. Raise the oven pressure or lower it when necessary
- Process work orders and procedures
Perform other duties and responsibilities requested by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to know how to operate a machine
- Ability to read tape measure accuratel
- Must be able to work independently and use good judgment
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE The employee should have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous experience in I.G. glass or assembly line related fields
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee should possess the ability to:
- Be exposed to temperature extremes inside or out.
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable.
- Prolong standing for up to 12 hours performing shift work or in a stationary position.
- Complete repetitive movements, Bend or twist
- Wear all required personal protective equipment
- Work in constant noise above 85 decibels
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
- Lift/move up to 50 pounds. Remove or replace items up to 50 pounds. Ascend or descend stairs.