Title: Overhead Persistent Infrared / Missile Warning Analyst; MW SME
Job Location: Pentagon, Arlington, VA.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain insight of Missile Warning programs, associated ground infrastructures, and related command and control systems.
- Assess and evaluate communications programs, architecture implementations, command and control systems for impacts to achieving capability goals and priorities.
- Develop actionable solutions across the full range of MW issues to assist Defense and Intelligence leaders in determining appropriate policy, planning, programming, and operational guidance.
- Support Policy, Strategy, and Plan Development for the Missile Warning Area.
- Contribute the Missile Warning portion to the Defense Space Council Program Assessment (DSCPA), Integrated
- Product Team (IPT), and the Defense Space Council Plan (DSCP) SPC Team; support authoring and coordination of Issue Papers.
- Provide technical support to SAF/SP in the areas of planning (data collection, plans assessment, analysis and study reviews, acquisition program support, and document preparation) and program assessment (budget database, POM/IPOM, Assessment and documentation preparation) within National Security Space (specifically with respect to Missile Warning).
- US Citizen
- Active DOD TS/SCI clearance
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent, plus 10-15 years applicable experience in an Engineering, Scientific, Analysis, Policy or Planning field related to Defense Space in general, and MW specifically.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Engineering, Scientific, Analysis, Policy or Planning field related to Defense Space
- 10+ years’ experience in or directly supporting DoD or NRO space operations, policy or acquisition.
Demonstrated understanding of Space enterprise to include DoD requirements, acquisition, and budgeting processes and applicable National Security Space (NSS) guidance and policy.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, lead and execute studies or projects
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, oral presentation executive writing and documentation skills.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting OSD, Service HQ or DoD Agency staffs.
- Understanding of the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and architecting processes.
- 7+ years’ experience in or directly supporting OPIR operations, policy or acquisition.
- Comprehensive understanding of current and planned OPIR programs and system capabilities.
Experience with Defense Space and National Security Space in the areas of policy, strategy, requirements, capabilities, architectures, programs, acquisition, and operations.
- Experience with civil, commercial and international space capabilities.
- Experience with AFSPC, SMC, NRO, NASA, NOAA.
- Travel: As required to destinations such as Colorado Springs, Omaha, Los Angeles, and Norfolk. Local travel in and around the National Capital Region.
This position is contingent upon Program Award.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off