The Asset Protection Officer is responsible for securing all of The United Family's assets while providing a safe work environment for our team members and a safe shopping environment for our guests. He/She will performs job duties to include apprehending and deterring shoplifters, store shrink, safety checks, and other duties as assigned.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest.
- Assist in the reduction of loss from all sources in the store.
- Following corporate guidelines and applicable state laws, apprehend guests or team members stealing from the company
- Follows daily work schedule as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager or Store Director.
- As directed by Asset Protection management, conduct surveillance operations and other investigations.
- Coordinate with Asset Protection management on corporate shrink reduction programs.
- Conduct store level operational audits, walks, and safety checks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commissioned law enforcement officer preferred.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of duties, including but not limited to bending, standing in place, lifting, squatting, climbing, walking and at times running.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude.
- Ability to function well in pressured situations and make sound decisions.
- Ability to learn, use, and operate various computer software programs and other electronic tools.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact