The Guest House at Graceland is the newest and one of the largest hotels in Memphis, TN. Inspired by Elvis’ iconic home, every aspect of The Guest House at Graceland reflects Elvis’ personal style and the unique character of Graceland, from the southern colonial exterior to themed specialty suites, many with designs supervised by Priscilla Presley. The Guest House at Graceland features 450 spacious rooms and a range of elegant and contemporary facilities, including two full-service restaurants, over 20,000 square feet of meeting and special events space, a large outdoor pool and a 464-seat theater for live performances and movies. Find out today what a career at the Guest House at Graceland and with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- May have turndown duties.
- Participate in our recycling programs and procedures
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and team members.
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
- Basic Computer knowledge ( ie, being able to operate the computer without supervision)
- Basic to intermediate hospitality vocabulary is used while interacting with guests, and team members