The Affiliated Sante Group seeks �Part Time and�PRN�Overnight�Phone Counselor�to support the Eastern Shore�Crisis Response System. The Phone Counselor will provide linkage and assistance to hotline volunteers including telephone triage and screening of crisis calls, dispatching of police or Mobile Crisis Teams, documenting, collecting and monitoring of data. This individual is also responsible for providing goal-directed counseling and crisis planning, and for following up with clients until discharge. The hourly rate for this position is $14 - $19 depending on years of experience and�education.�
- Obtain necessary contact information for clients and documents accurate demographic information in client case
- Effectively triage a call to the appropriate level of care
- Conduct a lethality assessment of client and dispatch appropriate resources (police, EMT, MCT) when necessary
- Complete an environmental risk and safety assessment and relays all information to MCT when necessary
- Effectively deescalate a client in crisis, over the phone
- Develop rapport with callers in crisis and maintain objectivity and calm demeanor on the phone
- Develop appropriate and realistic crisis plan for clients when necessary
- Develop appropriate follow up tasks depending on nature and security of symptoms
- Knowledge and familiarity with community resources, both mental health and non-mental health
- Active participation in the ongoing development of the program database
- Able to effectively communicate client needs while making internal agency referrals
- Able to complete documentation in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Participate in all required trainings
- Work with families and involved persons to deescalate current crisis
- Abide by all federal, state and local confidentiality and reporting regulations
- Comply with all of programs contractual and operational guidelines as outlined by your manager
- Assist the Mobile Crisis Team, as needed
- Coordinate cab usage and purchase/pick-up of client medications
- Bachelor�s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a related field of study.
- At least two years of crisis experience
- At least five years of crisis experience required if candidate does not have a bachelors degree.
- Recovery knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must be able to work individually as well as within a team.�
- Must be able to multi-task.�
- Must be able to work with �high-risk� consumers who have mental illnesses as well as developmental and physical disabilities (ie: must have patience, and must be able to effectively communicate with diverse consumers, etc.).�
As we operate as a 24 hours per day, 365 days per year service, Phone Counselors must be available for�day, evening, overnight, weekend and holiday shifts, as scheduled. While every effort may be made to create a schedule that meets the individual staff person�s needs, the schedule is created first and foremost to meet the needs of the program.
Benefits of working for Sante:
- Our clinical teams are highly trained and nationally recognized
- We provide training, supervision, and assistance with CEUs and licensing costs
- Work life balance� - we value family, flexibility, and vacation time
Affiliated Sant� Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.�Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Affiliated Sant� Group participates in E-Verify.