Compensation Base: $10.00/hr.
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The P/T Graphic Design Intern position assists The GEO Group/GEO Care with graphic design work that will be included in proposals, advertising layouts, flyers and brochures, existing marketing materials and company documents. The Graphic Design intern should have a keen eye for typography, composition, layout and color theory. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, organized, motivated, and passionate about design with attention to detail. We are looking for an individual who is hard working, dependable and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects under various deadlines.
- Maintaining consistent branding and imaging
- Revising existing marketing material
- Supporting proposal development with graphics, charts, cover artwork, binders, and spines
- Developing and producing customized marketing materials, including flyers, posters, presentations, and announcements
- Assisting with graphic repository organization and storage
- Working with Internal/External Marketing Communication Liaison
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled at a University, marketing, graphic design course of study highly preferred.
- Credit hours are available with supervision.
- Ability to work from templates and grids, and designing new documents within brand guidelines
- Ensures graphic projects are completed on-time by determining schedules by priority of deadlines.
- Excellent computer knowledge for PC environments
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, as well as the Microsoft Office applications on PC Computers.
- Basic understanding of design principles (typography, hierarchy, and composition) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently across multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness.
- Exceptional follow up skills.
- Demonstrated clear and effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff, both inside the department and across the organization.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise judgment.
- Team player, quick learner, and efficient.
- Complete assigned tasks with a high sense of urgency and able to work well under time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills, displaying professionalism with all levels of staff, works well with minimal supervision.