Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77002BR Date posted 11/21/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. So, together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist's grit to advance it. The magnitude of flight both humbles and motivates us. It demands vision and relentless attention to detail. It requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. And, empowered people willing to do the right thing in the best interest of our customers.
If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be an opportunity for you. This position is in the Pratt & Whitney Communications Department (East Hartford). There is a potential for rotations within different areas of Communications providing exposure to Employee & Executive Communications, Marketing & Brand Strategy, Product Communications and Digital Communications activities.
The successful candidate will support the Communications organization with a range of task including:
- Interview employees, conduct research and align with internal customers to write articles and press releases in support of assigned communications plans
- Produce digital content including infographics and animations to use on internal and external communications channels, featuring employees and company programs to support key initiatives and messages
- Proactively identify opportunities to include strategic messaging and content to broader internal and external audiences
- Assist with website updates, writing, editing, and communications-type projects as needed
- Provide support for company events and/or meetings for employees
- Support impromptu communications deliverables
Qualification: Candidates must have strong writing skills and attention to detail. Writing samples required and a portfolio is highly recommended. Candidates must be motivated self-starters who meet deadlines, maintain steady performance under pressure and have the ability to multi-task.
Must be computer savvy and have experience using Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Adobe software such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Premier is a plus. A desire to learn other communications skills and tools is required.
Full time (up to 40 hours) preferred; part time (up to 35 hours) considered.
Education: You must be currently enrolled in a degree program or entering a master's program within six months to apply. Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.