Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals including Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers, and Physicians. The Division of General and Colorectal Surgery at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a leading provider of comprehensive General and Colorectal Surgery resources in New England. The practice is recognized for its expertise, quality personalized care, and experience in the use of leading-edge techniques such as minimally-invasive surgery.Colorectal Surgery Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
- The General Surgery / Colorectal Advanced Practitioner practices M-F days in an outpatient ambulatory setting at MidState Medical Center in Meriden providing both initial and post-operative consultations for mainly colorectal patients. Bread and butter general surgery patients will be included as well
- Minor office procedures include incision and abscess drainage, banding hemorrhoids, biopsies, wound care, and ostomy care
- Patient management for ambulatory visits will include new patient consults, short and long term post-operative follow up for both Colorectal Surgery and General Surgery, and coordination of patient care across multiple disciplines.
- Office triage of emergent and urgent perianal and abdominal issues will be also a part of this position
- Additional responsibilities will include assisting with system quality initiatives, monthly division meetings, maintaining credentialing, and compliance with risk management activities and hospital policies
Colorectal Surgery Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- No call nor weekends
- The opportunity to work with highly complex surgical patients in an ambulatory setting, developing long-term relationships with patients and their families across the continuum of care
- Supportive and collaborative relationships with the physicians
- Comprehensive orientation and on-going educational opportunities to ensure you’re always practicing with the most cutting edge technology
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), or Physician Assistant (PA)
- Surgical experience is highly preferred
- Experience practicing as a licensed APP, or four plus years of experience within surgery, is required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.