Job Title: PA Professional Geologist
Job Status: Part Time
Location: Altoona to Reading, PA
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors. We are looking to hire a Pennsylvania Professional Geologist (PA PG) for an immediate opening. The position would be a part-time on call position focusing on drilling inspection within Pennsylvania for up to 72 hours per week for approximately a year.
- Field oversight of horizontal directional drilling associated with pipeline installation.
- Requires travel, overnight stays, and ability to work 12-hour day or night shifts for up to 6 days per week (i.e., Monday through Saturday).
- BS / BA in Geology, Environmental science, or a related field.
- P.G. license in Pennsylvania.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and current 8-hr refresher.
- 8+ years of technical experience.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and skills in the following: (1) CERCLA, RCRA, OSHA, Pennsylvania state regulations, and other relevant federal and state regulations and guidance; (2) MS Office Suite; (3) sampling, analysis, and other field protocols; and (4) use of GIS/GPS technologies.
- Experience in field oversight associated with drilling operations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.