Are you looking engage in facilitating learning and mentoring for the next generation of medical workers?
In a Christian environmental, faculty will be responsible for assisting with curriculum development, classroom instruction, coordination of classes, student advising, serving on the program and college committees, assisting with program evaluation, and involved with admission, recruitment, and retention activities. Faculty members will have the opportunity to use one day per week to maintain clinical skills or pursue professional development.
Kettering College is looking for an Associate Professer who will seek to provide students with the necessary education and practical training to succeed in their respective fields as health care professionals.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Minimum of a master’s degree and NCCPA certified physician assistant (PA-C) or board-certified MD/DO.
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience as a PA, preferably with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an instructor in PA education.
1. Participate in didactic curriculum planning, implementation, and evaluation. 2. Participate in the evaluation of student performance throughout the academic program. 3. Participate in the review and revision of academic policies and procedures as needed.4. Participate as a “team instructor” for courses as assigned. 5. Participate in the admissions process that includes recruitment, application screening and selection of students. 6. Assist with program self-evaluation, that includes policy and curriculum review. 7. Provide student counseling. 8. Participate in activities of state, regional and national organizations concerned with the profession to promote a positive image of the PA concept within the academic, lay, and professional communities. 9. Assist with the management of data bases and evaluation of data associated with the educational Program as related to: a. students didactic and clinical performance throughout the program b. faculty performance and course evaluation c. students’ performance on national exams d. demographics of applicant pool e. graduate employment status and practice characteristics of graduates f. facilities, faculty and resources
10. Assist the Program Director in providing periodic reports as required and requested to the Dean, school, university/college divisions and departments, accrediting agencies and to other outside agencies.
11. Engage in interdepartmental activities which promote the interest of the program.
12. Attend and participate in program faculty/staff meetings and assigned departmental/program, school, and university/college committee activities.
13. Participate in activities of the Admissions Committee.
14. Participate in other program committees as assigned.
15. Assist with program research/grant writing activities concerning the PA profession and education.
16. Perform other functions in support of the program as requested by the Program Director.
1. Represent the program at university/college and other organizational academic and/or social functions.
2. Attend meetings of professional organizations and/or societies.
3. Engage in community educational activities to promote the PA concept and profession, to encourage increased utilization of PAs, and to recruit potential PA students.
4. Remain clinically active and current in the practice of medicine.
5. Maintain current NCCPA certification.
- PhD in relevant field