Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retails channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands: Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market: Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
Bioworld is seeking a talented and experienced Package/Production Artist who is interested in working with a fun pop culture focused product design and manufacture company in DFW.
The Package/Production Artist will be responsible for concept, implementation, and execution of packaging and production files. The Package/Production Artist develops production-ready artwork and mechanicals based on the designers sketches. This role is a bridge between the creative & technical design teams.
- Create conceptual designs for new product packaging and redesign of existing product packaging when needed
- Provide illustrative solutions with a variety of styles for the look of artwork and organization of product features and benefits
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure proper messaging, details and specs
- Study brands to gain understanding of how we would market our products in specific market
- Maintain licensor requirements
- Develop primary and secondary packaging projects through coordination with internal teams and external brand partners
- Research market trends for the market
- Create conceptual drawings or work to create conceptual models/drawings for package designs
- Develop graphics using assets provided by our brand partners and create new art where it s appropriate
- Revise designs as requested by clients and brand partners
- Responsible for taking supplied artwork, in various forms, and making it production ready
- Create production art files for garment printing & appliqués, including AOPs, spot prints, and engineered prints
- Accountable for garment uniformity and consistency as it pertains to artwork placement and colors
- In-house sublimation printing for strike-offs or samples
- Collaborate with designers to determine aesthetic details
- Catalogue and reference art for future access
- Resolve any artwork issues that arise during production, ensuring orders flow through in an efficient manner
- Follows a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed by their scheduled due dates
- Stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education
- Daily communication and follow through with cross-functional internal, external, and global partners
- Provide technical input to support company goals, objectives and exceeds industry standards
- Be interested, or well versed, in pop culture to identify with current trends and lifestyle brands which Bioworld represents
- Must have a basic understanding of garment construction & fabrications
- Package Designer must have 1 year of unique packaging experience - including products with a variety of shapes and materials
- Approve factory layouts - proofreading
- Knowledge of all packaging material options / weights / finishes, etc.
- Be familiar with die-line development
- Understanding of retail industry standards
- Understanding of costs associated with packaging based on materials / techniques and labor
- A basic understanding of roller printing (AOPs) and engineered printing on multiple apparel fabrications
- A basic understanding of embroidery effects and limitations
- A working knowledge of inks, screen mesh, halftone frequency and print properties on various fabrics, including reactive prints, pigment prints & sublimation
- Understanding of spot colors, 4 color process art, simulated and process art for apparel printing
- Eye for good merchandising and product messaging
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Able to hand-sketch and digitally manipulate visual concepts
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time and unpredictable workload
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels
- Team-player attitude is a must
- MUST be Mac proficient, as well as creative suite
- Experience with plug-ins like Sketch-Up, BoxShot (3D), Origami and On Screen Drawing are a plus
- Competent mock up skills
- 3 years graphic design experience, with emphasis in product packaging
- Willing to travel overseas
4 year BA or BS college degree is desired
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm; Overnight travel is required as needed. Flexible and able to work the hours needed to get the job done.