Position Description: These “industrial athletes” have extremely physically demanding jobs that require lifting, climbing, pushing, pulling and twisting. This “qualified industrial athlete” must be able and willing to work as a team with other hourly employees in a fast pace environment, follow and ensuring all established safety and quality standards are maintained at all times. The qualified “industrial athlete” must be able stay on task, follow instructions, manually transport products by hand into an auto packager, hand pack product into cases repeatedly, bending and lifting up to 30 pounds repeatedly, ensuring count of products are correct, able to understand written instructions in English and take verbal instructions form site leadership.
- Comply with all applicable CALOSHA Regulations and Established Company Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Comply with all Established Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
- Manually move products at a fast pace from packing tables. Repeatedly lifting cases of products that weigh up to 30 pounds from tables, conveyors or the ground level and palletizing products on pallets.
- Standing for periods of 2-3 hours at a time, walking, pushing carts, walking up and down stairs
- Able to follow instructions from plant leadership and other plant team members to support the needs of 3-4 person production teams.
- Arrive on time and be able to work established shifts hours on a daily basis. Be able to follow all attendance policies on a regular basis.
- Able to perform tasks in warehouse setting during seasonally hot environments.
- Occasional: sitting, stoop/squat, ladder/steps, climbing, bending/twist.
- Frequent: kneel/crawl/bend, stair climbing, carrying 0-30 lbs. for 5-10 feet, high, low outreaching, standing, walking
- Repeated use of: wrist/hand/fingers/shoulder/elbow/hips/ ankles/head/neck.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. repeatedly for the duration of the shift.
- Able to stand, bend, stoop or squat, bend or twist, climb stairs and ladders, walk, and constant use of both hands repeatedly for the duration of the shift.
- Able to push or pull 30-50 lbs.
- Have good personal hygiene for self and proper work attire.
- Hair and or beard hair groomed and maintained to support food safety standards with the use of hair and/or beard nets.
- Follow safety rules, Good Manufacturing Policy rules, CDC rules and have a team oriented demeanor.
- Able to work on more than one production line a day as needed with no setbacks.
- Wear ASTM F2413-05 safety shoes (Steel or comparable safety shoes worn at all times).
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions in English.
- Must be able to write legibly on production and quality documentation.
- Must be able to meet production needs for duration of the scheduled shift.
- Must be able to arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to show up for all shifts as assigned.
- Must be available for any shift
- Must be able to meet fast-paced working conditions. (ie. Manufacturing, packing houses, warehousing construction, field work, other hot working environments)
- Indoor industrial environment that may experience high temperatures and humidity during the summer months.
- Hearing Protection required due to industrial machinery sound level.