The Packaging Buyer assists Director of Purchasing in purchasing for DesignPac Wholesale and 1- 800-Baskets.com Direct-to-Consumer gifts. Responsible for cost negotiations and sourcing the printed packaging components for all gift baskets.
Work with our current vendors to resolve issues and identify potential new vendors to bring into the DesignPac vendor portfolio to drive down cost while maintaining or exceeding our current service levels. Ensure vendor compliance across all aspects of the sourcing process including social compliance, purchase order terms & conditions and the DesignPac Vendor Manual. Assist Purchasing Director on basket sourcing, sampling, costing & lead-time negotiations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Track all orders daily and make sure all goods ship on time and delivery dates are kept
* Source and build relationships with new competitive vendors
* Work on strategic projects with vendors
* Manage Quality Assurance inspection process with overseas vendors
* Issue chargebacks to vendors
* Collaborate with various departments: Logistics, Sales, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Production, Finance, Ecommerce, Structural Department, and Design team
* Enter product's Delivery Duty Paid price into Costing System.
* Work with the logistic department on incoming ocean and air shipments
* Cut all purchase orders for assigned product categories
* Audit weekly Bill of Materials for sold gifts
* Upcoming year samples following up: revision, detailed specifications as per designer's needs
* 3 years purchasing experience
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Highly analytical and comfortable with numbers
* Exibit ability to be resourceful and address problems independently and in a structured, logical manner
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and expert in MS Excel; working knowledge of MS Power Point
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled