We are hiring for a Packaging Design Engineer for an international company located in North Dallas. The ideal candidate will have design experience in a variety of different materials and structures (corrugated, molded foam, thermoformed trays, fabricated foam, etc.) Experience with ArtiosCAD is a must. This opportunity pays $65k-$80k based on experience and the company will consider relocation for the right individual. Every day is a different day with new products, customers, and packaging solutions from fabricated foam to thermoformed trays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Subject matter expert within protective packaging including the understanding of materials and use of cushion curves
• Manage multiple packaging design and improvement projects with the ability to serve as lead packaging engineer on multiple national accounts
• Ability to lead and manage process improvement teams and cross functional strategic initiative teams.
• Manages design projects' priority level and resources allocation on site.
• Ability to solve complex business issues as they arise
• Establish supporting design team for national accounts and manage teams to meet deliverables and timelines.
• Create and maintain packaging documents including, but not limited to: specs, drawings, and machine instructions
• Take design concepts to physical samples utilizing design lab equipment.
• Test packaging integrity through various industry tests such as drop testing, data loggers, etc.
• Optimize packaging size for palletization and container loads
• Develop knowledge to construct pre and post costing of design concepts
• Leverage new materials and solutions within the marketplace
• Be a valued member of our cross-function team
• All other duties as assigned for the operation.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging engineering or related engineering discipline with 6+ years of experience OR 15+ years in the packaging design industry
• Advanced use of ArtiosCAD (required)
• Competent in both constructing and presenting PowerPoint presentations and constructing/analyzing data
• Experience in protective packaging is strongly preferred
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator is a plus
• High energy level and maintains a constant sense of urgency
• Creative thinker and has the ability to see the bigger picture
TRC is an EOE