Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the world’s leading supplier of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment. For 50 years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership on a global scale.
Hayward’s swimming pool products are produced with the industry’s most advanced product and process innovations. Our global footprint allows us to manufacture and distribute Hayward’s custom-designed products for every pool market. Our success with game-changing new products and expansion into new markets is creating opportunities for dynamic and challenging careers in a number of functional areas.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to become part of a unique team oriented environment that fosters innovation, idea sharing, and leadership.
Summer 2019 - Performs assignments involving engineering principles and knowledge of packaging materials (mainly corrugated, foam, and mold pulp) for packaging development / improvements.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the packaging engineer to achieve daily tasks
- Packaging development, including prototyping, testing, and documentation for all business units
- Assists with equipment testing and machine tryouts related to packaging implementation
- Assists in the packaging cost estimating process
- Develop knowledge of materials used and packaging assembly processes
- Value Added / Value Engineered packaging improvements
- Creates, reviews, updates, and circulates packaging specifications
- Gather critical requirements and researching product alternatives
- Interact cross functionally supporting various packaging materials projects
- Familiarity with Artios Cad (both 2D and 3D), Tops, and Adobe Illustrator CC
- Possess strong hands-on and mechanical skills with familiarity of hand and power tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Self- motivated
- Ability to perform at a high level in a lean manufacturing environment with a team based organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office automation tools
- Ability to bring enthusiasm and excitement to the job!
- Excellent attendance
- Familiarity with SolidWorks a plus
Rising junior or senior student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Packaging Science