The Packaging Innovation Engineering position will support capability assessments and the industrialization of packaging, product, productivity, innovation, and renovation projects. These projects will take place at both internal manufacturing sites as well as co-manufactures.
Innovation Engineering Manager is the single point of contact between the manufacturing teams and cross functional project teams (PMO, Research & Innovation (R&I), Quality, etc.) working closely with the Plant Industrialization Managers (PIM) for all product and package Industrialization projects. This position will create the right processes in order to achieve key goals and influence project teams to implement data driven solutions and successful project completion.
- Administer technical guidance on new projects to ensure processes and equipment are capable of production capacity, quality, food safety, and EHS requirements.
- An active member of multiple cross functional teams including corporate marketing, finance, QA, engineering, Research & Innovation (R&I) and plant operations. Developing relationships / collaborating with these key stakeholders is a critical aspect of the role
- Work with purchasing, demand planning, and contract manufacturing to conduct
Make vs. Buy analysis and help determine production locations for new products
- As needed, contribute to commissioning plans for new products and packages to ensure repeatable and reliable processes
- Practice proven decision-making skills, working effectively under pressure and possessing the integrity to make the right decisions
Education and Experience (Requirements): The following combination of education and professional experience is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical / chemical / industrial), microbiology or closely related field
- 3-7 years of relevant progressive experience in Consumer Package Goods (CPG) industry, preferably in the food / beverage industry
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred
- Experience in a production and/or maintenance environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible to consider additional information or ideas when formulating solutions
- Possesses the ability to use knowledge, facts, data and professional insights to effectively solve problems and put in place best practice solutions
- Must be exceptionally organized and self-disciplined to accommodate the management of a large portfolio of projects
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Fast learner and quickly adapts in a changing environment
- Solid understanding of GMP’s, food safety, and plant safety
Travel: Estimated 20%