We make life better every day. The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 7,900 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2017 sales of $6.0 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; and Burt's Bees® natural personal care products and RenewLife® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
The Packaging Department Manager is to provide guidance for the scheduling and packaging of finished briquettes on time and in a safe and efficient manner that minimizes costs. The purpose of this position is to provide manufacturing, quality, technical leadership and direction to the department to insure plant requirements are met in an efficient and timely manner and that the team continues to grow in skills and ability. Must be willing to assist the Teams with problem by telephone or call in as necessary. Reports to the Operations Manager.
* Provides technical, manufacturing, and quality leadership and management to the Packaging Department.
* Monitors and manages packaging personnel staff (24/7) to include but not limited to:
* Safety management
* Quality of service,
* Timely execution of assigned tasks,
* Adherence to Clorox policies and standards,
* Performance management,
* Department performance and implementation of systems, policies and procedures;
* Budget development and adherence.
* Oversight of planning and executing of daily distribution activity.
* Engineering design and project leadership on key projects from conception to implementation.
* Insure Packaging is in environmental compliance with all plant standards.
* Requires translation of corporate strategic initiatives into operational requirements.
* Participation on Plant Leadership Team, responsibility to drive overall Plant results.
Position Dress Code as required:
* Hearing protection
* Safety Glasses
* Hard hat
* Steel toe shoes
* FR rates paints and shirts
* Arc Flash and Nomex hood as needed
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
* 2 years of experience in experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Physical ability to climb stairs/ladders up to 80 feet and enter confined spaces up to 70 feet in length. Individual will also need to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Natural Sciences, Engineering or Physical Sciences.
* 5 years' experience in experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on Engineering, Maintenance, and Management experience
* Strong communication, presentation, analytical skills
* Strong leadership and process technical skills.
* Experience managing direct reports.
* Strong technical process systems background along with exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Broad understanding of general business with emphasis on manufacturing, maintenance, and people management.
* Ability to write concise operation reports with appropriate supporting graphical and presentation exhibits.
* Proficient in PC network and mainframe business applications, SAP experience would be beneficial.
* Demonstrated the ability to coordinate multiple priorities and developed effective solutions.
* Lead Teams through the hands on AM and PM processes.
* Inspect equipment in RED Zone Areas as necessary, while process is in operation with Nomex hood and shield.
* Maintain Confined Space knowledge and capabilities including the proper use of SCBA(self-contained breathing apparatus).
* Demonstrate and maintain fire extinguishing technics by use of 1-1/2 hose line and ABC fire extinguisher
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled